Paul Lux has been an Okaloosa County resident since 1997. He came to the elections office in 1999, serving in various capacities until he was elected Supervisor of Elections in 2008.
During his time with the office, Paul helped keep Okaloosa County on the leading edge of the elections community, participating in equipment certification testing, voting equipment upgrades, and election audits and recounts in other counties. He worked with the Federal Voting Assistance Program on the Voting over the Internet project (VOI) in 2000 and the Secure Electronic Registration and Voting Experiment (SERVE) in 2004. Paul worked in 2008 on the Okaloosa Distance Balloting Pilot project, a kiosk-based Internet voting initiative carried out only for Okaloosa County voters.
Paul lead a 34-county consortium under the EASE-I and –II grant programs to provide online access to blank ballots for Florida’s absent military and overseas voters. He serves on the Technology Committee for the Council of State Governments’ grant to study ways to better serve the military and tested a new ballot-tracking process to overseas voters with them as well.
Paul currently serves on the Election Assistance Commission Standards Board as the representative for Florida's local election officials. He represents the Standards Board on the Technical Guideline Development Committee (TGDC), which researches and recommends changes to the voluntary voting system guidelines (VVSG).
Paul, an Army veteran, is married to Niccole, a retired Army Intelligence specialist. They have one daughter, Foster, who graduated from the University of Alabama. He enjoys reading, playing games with his family, and going to the movies when time allows.
- B.A. in Government and Politics from the University of Maryland (European Division)
- Graduate work at Bowie State University
- Nationally Certified Elections/Registration Administrator (CERA) through the Elections Center
- Florida Association of Supervisors of Elections (President '18-'19, Vice President '17-'18, Rules Committee Chair, Legislative Committee District Representative)
- Member of The Election Center (Postal Task Force)
- Participated in the Facilitating UOCAVA Voting Conference for the Election Assistance Commission (EAC), served on the Board of Advisors for the Voting System Risk Assessment Task Force.
Civic and Community:
- Member Crestview Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member Greater Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Knights of Columbus , Council 7968